At some point, everyone has to bookmark a site for later reference or to forward to a friend. There’s always the option to save the link for later, but sometimes it’s more convenient to have the page as an image you can examine, annotate, and Print. To have the most excellent options, make a PDF that can be opened and sent from any device. We’ll examine how to save a web page as a PDF in the most widely used browsers by providing detailed steps. We can also assist you in converting websites to JPG .docx, or Excel if you find yourself in need of additional conversion choices.
Please take note that these guidelines are up-to-date as of the time of publication for the specified browsers. Methods may vary slightly between versions, but they should all function similarly in principle.
The Print command is the quickest and most reliable technique to convert a website to PDF format in most browsers. The obvious solution would be to choose to Save a However; it would only save the page to your computer in web format, not as a standalone file like a PDF. You can get the help you require by using the Print menu.
- Here’s how you can convert a Chrome page to PDF format:
- First, select Print. from the menu that appears when you click the three dots in the upper right corner. Instead, you can use the shortcut Ctrl + P (or Command + P on a Mac).
- Second, in the new window that has opened, click the down arrow to the right of the word “Destination,” and then choose “Save As PDF” from the list that appears. An example preview is displayed in the left pane.
- Third, if you want to tweak more settings like paper size, scaling, etc., click the More Settings button.
- Fourth, when you are finished making adjustments, choose a location on your computer and click the Save option.
- Step 5: Click a second Save button to complete.
- For the most up-to-date Chromium-based browser, use this approach. Although a previous release of Edge does exist, it is no longer maintained. It is a snapshot of Chromium Edge.
- Firstly, select Print from the menu that appears when you click the three dots in the upper right corner. Select Ctrl + P as an alternative.
- Second, in the new window that opens, choose Save As PDF from the Save as type drop-down selection that appears after clicking the Down Arrow next to Printer.
- Step 3: Select the page range and orientation in which you wish to save the webpage under Layout and Pages. Other variables, such as paper size and scale, can be accessed via the More Settings button.
- Fourth, select a location on your computer after making the required modifications and click the Save button. In the fifth and last step, you’ll double-click the Save button.
In Safari, you can save a web page in PDF format in two different ways:
Start by opening Safari and going to the File menu. From the drop-down menu, select Export As PDF…
Step 2: Give your File a name, pick a location, and hit Save on the window that appears. And that’s the whole thing!
An alternative way to save in Safari
- Safari also offers a more involved technique, should you require a little more manipulation of the PDF’s contents:
- First, open Safari and go to File> Print from the menu. You can launch the printer window using the Command + P keys.
- Method 2: In the subsequent pop-up, select the Down Arrow in the bottom left corner, as seen above. From the resulting menu, choose Save As PDF.
- The third stage is the appearance of yet another pop-up. A file’s name, title, subject, author, and keyboards can all be specified here, along with access controls.
- Fourth, choose a storage location when you’re ready and hit “Save.”
- Step 5: Look at some of the top free PDF editors if you want to make additional changes to the PDF.
- Firefox is the only major desktop browser that doesn’t have a PDF printer built. As an alternative, it uses Windows 10’s built-in Print to PDF feature from Microsoft.
- First, select Print from the menu that appears when you click the icon depicting three horizontal lines in the top-right corner.
- To proceed, click the Print button in the top left corner of the next window. You may also launch the print menu using Ctrl + P, which is much faster.
- Step 3: When ready, select Microsoft Print to PDF from the printer options and press the Print button.
- Fourth, give the File a suitable title and select a location to store it before hitting the Save button.
Firefox for Mac
- Firefox on Mac follows a similar procedure without including the Microsoft Print to PDF option. Firefox for Mac users who wish to print a PDF file should:
- First, launch Firefox and click the icon depicting three horizontal lines. Next, select Print from the resulting menu. Or, you can use the Command+P shortcut.
- Second, choose PDF in the far left corner of the Print dialogue box.
- In the third step, you’ll click Print and then use the Save dialogue box to give your PDF a title and select a destination.
- Fourth, you may add an extension to Firefox that will allow you to save it as a PDF. PDF Mage is widely used and highly regarded.
Extensions and web tools
To what extent you would like to be able to tailor the PDF you create? Is it necessary to make changes to PDFs before they are made? Converting HTML to PDF is straightforward and supported by various add-ons and online applications. Developers and enterprises who need to convert many pages at once may find these features especially helpful.
How to Convert HTML website into pdf with FacePdf
FacePdf is an adaptable and developer-friendly PDF converter. Users that need a PDF quickly can do it by simply pasting a URL, selecting a page size, and deciding on the orientation of the pages. Companies may wish to invest in a more comprehensive PDF management software (free trials available). Paper plane API keys allow programmers to integrate the platform into their projects efficiently.